Today’s industries require plastic that incorporates a wide range of customized qualities. That is why a top-quality, trusted masterbatch manufacturer is integral to the plastic industry.
In this article, we will discuss the art and science of masterbatch manufacturing, and what it means to be a world-leading masterbatch manufacturer. For any additional information or questions, please contact us.
Masterbatch: A General Definition
Masterbatches are made from blends that include specific additives and pigments. Plastic manufacturers use masterbatches to enhance the qualities of certain raw polymers, or to color them in the color of their choice.
The masterbatch production process is relatively easy to describe. To create a masterbatch, the masterbatch manufacturer selects specific ingredients and heats them together at a very high temperature in a carrier resin – and then allows the outcome to cool off. Once the masterbatch has cooled, the masterbatch manufacturer cuts it into pellets and packages them for delivery.
After the plastic manufacturer receives the masterbatch, it adds it to the raw polymer, as part of the process that eventually creates a finished, marketable product.
Tosaf is a leading masterbatch manufacturer. The company’s masterbatches include:
- Processing Aid (PPA) Masterbatch: This masterbatch enhances the processability of a wide variety of plastic products, including pipes, tubes and cables.
- White Masterbatch: Tosaf is a white masterbatch producer. This masterbatch is essential for a wide range of industries that use laminated and coated plastic.
- Black Masterbatch: Tosaf is a black masterbatch manufacturer. This masterbatch is used by many product manufacturers, who distribute black-colored products with a wide range of specifications – and require black masterbatches with specific, added-value functionalities.
- Color Masterbatches: Thermoplastic polymers must be colored, and manufacturers use masterbatches with specific color schemes for their products. Tosaf is a global color masterbatch supplier, and employs a global color service operation. Tosaf’s color labs create masterbatches that are more than just color-precise – they also adhere to specific product functionality requirements.
- UV Light Stabilization Masterbatch: UV light can hurt plastic and shorten the lifespan of many plastic products. This masterbatch helps protect polymers from the harmful effects of UV light.
- Antimicrobial Masterbatch: These masterbatches are designated for applications with strict antimicrobial, food contact and biocidal regulations. Tosaf’s off-the-shelf antimicrobial masterbatches are either zinc, silver-ion or sulfur-based.
The Advantages of Advanced Masterbatches
As every masterbatch producer will tell you, additive masterbatches can be very advantageous and can enhance products in a number of ways. Here are a few notable examples:
- Heightened processibility: When plastic is easier to process, it is easier and more affordable to manufacture. It can also improve its quality and functionality in a number of ways.
- Better protection: Certain masterbatches protect polymers from a wide range of external conditions, such as UV light, climate, humidity, chemicals and more. As a result, the products become more durable and their lifespan is prolonged.
- Flame retardancy: A flame retardant masterbatch helps create plastic products that are thermally stable and that are not susceptible to burning. This is important, as many safety regulations worldwide require plastic products to contain flame retardant qualities, in order to protect both users and the environment.
- Fighting static: In certain humidity conditions, certain plastic has been known to create a positive charge. This can become a concern when using plastic to package electronics, for example. Anti-static masterbatches create a prolonged effect that protect the plastic from the charge.
- Precise appearance: Certain brands aim for their products to look a certain way. As a result, production must use a specific hue for the product’s coloring. Advanced color masterbatches do a lot more than simply color products in an exact shade or hue; they also maintain color consistency and are cost-effective during production.
- Cost-effectiveness: In the end, every manufacturer wants to reduce production costs. Using masterbatches during production is usually more cost-effective than the alternatives. It also introduces a great deal of flexibility into the production process.
Does Tosaf create customized Masterbatches?
The answer is yes. As an experienced masterbatch manufacturer, we utilize decades of experience to create customized masterbatches for our clients. We meet with our clients at their facilities to discuss their needs and suggest potential solutions that can not only contribute and enhance their product manufacturing, but also introduce a unique competitive edge.
What advantages does Tosaf bring to the table as a masterbatch manufacturer?
Before anything else, we employ expert R&D teams with countless years of expertise. Our staff has access to state-of-the-art facilities, laboratories and equipment, which help them formulate and manufacture some of the world’s best masterbatches. We also employ stringent quality control throughout the entire process. It is also important to note that we work with a wide global network of reliable partners.
Do regulations play a big role in masterbatch manufacturing?
Yes, of course, especially from a health and safety perspective. Plastic product manufacturers must adhere to a long list of regulations, and every industry has its own emphases. When it comes to colors and additives, our in-house regulations team is there to help them navigate their requirements.
In summary, does Tosaf have any recommendations for plastic converters, regarding masterbatch purchasing?
First of all, we recommend that manufacturers define and understand their needs, and the needs of their existing and potential clients. This will help them formulate the optimal product that will include the most appropriate masterbatch. Second, we recommend that they become fully aware of their industry’s regulations. And third, we recommend that they consult with a leading and experienced masterbatch manufacturer, who can provide expert consultation, every step of the way.
Interested in talking with an expert masterbatch manufacturer? Feel free to contact the Tosaf team. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have, and provide detailed information regarding our capabilities.